Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Blackberries and the testicles they almost cost my husband...

I have a few things in the fridge every week that I think of as MINE. I try to inform my husband of what these things are. He is one of those people for whom a hot dog is two bites at most. I savor things. And sometimes the thing in the fridge that is mine may need to sit there for weeks before it is called up for duty, but when I want it, I want it. Currently, I am a big fan of blackberries. I buy one tub of blackberries for myself every week. They ain't cheap and I spread their berry deliciousness over the week. This morning when I went down to make my lunch, my almost full tub of blackberries had three left. I was furious. I went tearing through his lunch and found my blackberries tucked away. I yelled up the stairs at him, "Did you take my blackberries?" He said "Yes, all the tomatoes were gone (now that he has found out tomatoes can help protect against prostate cancer, he must eat them every day- I guess he thought blackberries were in the same food color family or something)." I went back to the kitchen and began a full tilt, Yosemite Sam, rassa frassa super cussword rant. I slammed doors and drawers AND THEN...I looked in the fridge...and there were totally tomatoes. They just weren't on the very front of the shelf and heaven forbid something be moved around. If it isn't immediately accesible, it does not exist. So I gave him tomatoes and took back my blackberries and yelled this up the stairs at him and then I was mad for like hours. And believe it or not, my husband is wonderful. I only want to take his testicles sometimes.

2 comments:

Chaos and Grace said...

I love you so much. You always make me laugh. Blogging is such a healthy thing. You go girl. I keep thinking I'll blog and never ever do. Maybe you will inspire me. I wonder how often you'll do this? Ha Ha. I'll add you to my blog list which will alert me when you post a new one.

renee said...

YES! I love your blog already! This story made me laugh almost as much as the spider story you told us in high school. I still laugh when I just think about that story. I tried to tell it to my husband and I couldn't even get through it because I was laughing too hard. I'm so glad you're blogging! More pictures please.