Monday, May 21, 2007

Cozy as an apple in a sweater...

I know that some of you out there get uncomfortable when people “get Jesus with it”, but on this day before I get random, I must give props to my God because I just got a miracle. Up until now I have been blessed to bring my daughter to work with me. It has been incredibly challenging and rewarding at the same time. On Friday, I found out I need to find childcare for her. It is really for the best because she is blossoming socially and needs to be around other kids, but I have been avoiding it because of the stress of finding the right place, etc. Well, over the course of ONE weekend, and through the support, commitment and flexibility of my bosses and friends, I think I have worked out a situation that is going to be awesome for Zelda and William and I. I am so lucky to have such a great village to help me raise my child. For someone who lives thousands of miles away from any family, I have A LOT of family. And for this I am truly thankful. So I want to share it with the world (or the three people who read this blog). Thanks God!

Now onto random matters. Speaking of family, my sister sent me a link to something so wrong and yet so right. Here is the picture:



Why I ask do we need this? With all the cold little um…whatever, who am I kidding? This is cool. I mean it is utterly useless and how did someone think of this, but I am kinda jealous I didn’t. And I want one. Don’t you? That is the thing about true crap. True crap almost cycles back around the circle of importance back to “I must have one of these or I will die”. Almost. I won’t die without it. But what I imagine is this crazy woman who has knitted a cozy for EVERYTHING in her house. Cozies for all her cups, the feet of her furniture, the lamps, door knobs, one for each of her hair rollers (cuz you know this old lady rolls old school), her bread, of course the toilet paper, not to mention the toilet seat and then…I see this crisper in her refrigerator filled with a dozen individually hand-knit cozied apples. But my favorite part of this story is my mental picture of the hand knit outfit the cat is wearing. I’ll let each of you imagine your own outfit, and really there is a different outfit for every day of the week. Maybe the year. Oh, and the holiday outfits. What a lucky kitty. Not sure the kitty appreciates how lucky he is, but do we ever truly appreciate our blessings? Just look how happy these cats are to be in costume.











And when I call the apple cozy crap, please don’t let me be mistaken as taking a poop on the hard work of others. First of all- I don’t have the skills to knit the apple cozy, second of all- it’s cute (for shizzle), third of all- I really do want one (don’t you?). So I say crap with a kind of reverence reserved for only the things which truly fascinate me.

Oh, and by the way, KOOL-AID PICKLE UPDATE:
I have tried a kool-aid pickle. It tasted exactly like I would have expected. Just mix the flavor of dill pickle with the flavor of tropical kool-aid. If you can’t imagine that, you will have to make your own. I haven’t had a chance to take pictures yet, but I will post as soon as I do. And might I say…I actually enjoy them. But that is a flavor that sticks with you. I recommend you tape a pack of gum to the pickle jar.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

renee said...

I WANT AN APPLE COZY! I wonder if I could make one. I don't know how to knit in a sphere, but I might could crochet it...

lonestarcasie said...

I know. It is so stupid. And yet, i sort of have to have one. It is like a costume for your apple, but as if your apple dressed up as an apple for halloween. Is that deep?